Posted on March 16th, 2014 | 0 Comments
I recently launched an idea I had been thinking about for quite some time called Problem of the Day. If you haven't checked it out the basic run down is a new programming or logic puzzle every Monday through Friday. Most of the problems are meant to be solvable over breakfast, lunch, or whenever you have some free time.
My goal for this post is to give you some ideas on what I did for my launch so that you can see ...
Posted on March 5th, 2014 | 2 Comments
I seem to be in to launching things on my birthday. I bought the domain for this site on my birthday and I started work on a site called Problem of the Day which just officially launched today. If you're in to logic puzzles and short programming problems check it out http://www.problemotd.com/.
This site was the first time I needed to send out e-mails in mass quantities. I ended up going with Mandrill and couldn't be happier. If ...
Posted on January 1st, 2014 | 0 Comments
2013 has come and gone and a new year is in it's place. It's been quite a while since I've updated this blog, though I have been trying to actively respond to comments and emails. I think this is also my first post not published on a Saturday. What a way to start 2014!
I have a few unfinished blog posts that I'd like to get out there soon along with a wealth of new post ideas sitting on ...
Posted on June 15th, 2013 | 0 Comments
I've been looking to do more Node.js/Meteor development lately, however, I ran in to a problem with the way Meteor handles it's app structure. By default meteor places the MongoDB database inside the application folder. I use a shared folder on a Windows host with an Ubuntu Virtualbox for my development environment. By having the shared folder as part of an NFS share MongoDB kind of flips out and doesn't run which causes meteor to error out.
Posted on June 8th, 2013 | 0 Comments
I recently updated all the components for my blog. Going to Django 1.5 caused an issue that I had never seen before so I wanted to share the quick way to fix:
SuspiciousOperation: Invalid HTTP_HOST header
If you see that error it is because your ALLOWED_HOSTS setting variable isn't set and you have debug set to False. For a site running on Heroku your ALLOWED_HOSTS should look something this:
ALLOWED_HOSTS = ["maxburstein.herokuapp.com", ".maxburstein.com"]
Having a . before my domain name ...
My name is Max Burstein and I am a recent graduate of the University of Central Florida. I enjoy developing large, scalable web applications and I seek to change the world.